START WITH ME, INC.
Start With Me, Inc has programs for youth ages 0 to 25 years, covering areas of Early Literacy, College/Career Readiness, Personal/Professional Development, Social and Emotional Health, Civic Engagement, and Social Justice. We have a national footprint, serving youth in several cities and states throughout the country with both in-person and virtual programs.
Our programs work to help set the foundation that prepares youth for lifelong learning. The core of our efforts are to bring fresh ideas combined with a range of tools and activities that promote positive youth development. We create spaces for young people to acquire the skills and confidence needed to work towards achieving their educational, professional and financial goals.
Nearly 30 percent of kindergarteners in the U.S. are reported to be unprepared for school. It is important to make reading a part of the fabric of the community. Our LEAD program works to help create a culture change when it comes to early learning and school readiness.
TEENS & YOUNG ADULTS
Sometimes all it takes to change a life is a little support. We want to help set the foundation and prepare our youth for life long learning. Our Risers Network creates spaces for teens and young adults to get the skills and confidence needed to work towards achieving their educational, professional and personal goals.
Meaningful youth engagement is when young people are involved in responsible, challenging actions to create positive change. This means involving youth in planning and in making decisions that affect themselves and others. Our Start With Me programs provide a safe space for personal growth, expression, and self discovery.
WORK READINESS SUMMER CAMP
In 2021, we performed a six-week Work Readiness and Growth Industry program serving DC's Marion Barry Summer Youth Employment Program participants during the summer of 2021. We worked with 54 District youth, ages 14 to 21, to provide high quality, structured workforce development trainings geared to prepare youth for purposeful and developmentally appropriate employment and career exploration opportunities. This was a fully virtual program.
Upcoming Workshop and Events
- Sat, Aug 27C. Blythe Andrews, Jr. Public Library
- Coming Fall 2022VirtualComing Fall 2022VirtualFinancial literacy is a lifelong journey of learning. These workshops provide young people with tools and resources geared towards building confidence around establishing better spending habits and equipping themselves with the skills to pursue and achieve their financial goals.
- June 28 - August 6, 2021Virtual
- Multiple DatesSat, Jul 16Heaven Destiny Church
- Thu, Nov 18Virtual
- Mon, Nov 15Lakewood High School
- Wed, Oct 27Virtual
- Fri, Jul 09Saint Suzanne CRC Resource CenterJul 09, 2021, 10:00 AMSaint Suzanne CRC Resource Center, 19321 W Chicago, Detroit, MI 48228, USADeveloping K.I.D.S. hosted it's annual Youth Summit in Detroit. Participants learned about the importance of youth leadership and civic engagement! This was an awesome opportunity to connect with some dynamite youth and community leaders!
- Thu, Apr 22Virtual