IF IT DOESN'T CHALLENGE YOU, IT DOESN'T CHANGE YOU.
Find Your Voice Here.
START WITH ME, INC.
Start With Me, Inc has programs for youth ages 0 to 25 years, covering areas of Early Literacy, College/Career Readiness, Personal/Professional Development, Social and Emotional Health, Civic Engagement, and Social Justice. We have a national footprint, serving youth in several cities and states throughout the country with both in-person and virtual programs.
Current & Upcoming Workshops/Events
- June 5 - July 21 (No Camp week of July 4)Heaven Destiny ChurchJune 5 - July 21 (No Camp week of July 4)Heaven Destiny Church, 4104 E Ellicott St, Tampa, FL 33610, USAA six week program designed to stimulate your child's growth and development around self-awareness and physical wellness. This camp is for youth ages 4 - 12. **SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE THAT QUALIFY**
- Coming SoonLocation is TBDComing SoonLocation is TBDFinancial literacy is a lifelong journey of learning. These workshops provide young people with tools and resources geared towards building confidence around establishing better spending habits and equipping themselves with the skills to pursue and achieve their financial goals.
- Coming SoonLocation is TBD
- Coming Spring 2023Virtual
- Coming Winter 2023Virtual
- TBDC. Blythe Andrews, Jr. Public Library
WORK READINESS SUMMER CAMP
In 2021, we performed a six-week Work Readiness and Growth Industry program serving DC's Marion Barry Summer Youth Employment Program participants during the summer of 2021. We worked with 54 District youth, ages 14 to 21, to provide high quality, structured workforce development trainings geared to prepare youth for purposeful and developmentally appropriate employment and career exploration opportunities. This was a fully virtual program.
- March 13 - March 17 - 9am - 12pmCampbell Park Resource Center
- Sat, Apr 15Heaven Destiny Church
- Thu, Apr 13Highland Pines Park Rec CenterApr 13, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PMHighland Pines Park Rec Center, 4505 E 21st Ave, Tampa, FL 33619, USANational Child Abuse Prevention Month recognizes the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse and neglect. Join us for a discussion on ways to recognize and prevent child abuse and neglection. Register now!
- Tue, Mar 07Campbell Park Resource CenterMar 07, 5:00 PM – Apr 27, 7:00 PMCampbell Park Resource Center, 701 16th St S building 7, St. Petersburg, FL 33705, USAA 8-week program providing youth ages 14 to 18 with quality, structured workforce development trainings geared toward business exploration and entrepreneurship. (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Sat, Mar 04George Bartholomew Center
- Sat, Feb 18Maple Street Biscuit Company (Brandon)Feb 18, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM ESTMaple Street Biscuit Company (Brandon), 127 W Bloomingdale Ave, Brandon, FL 33511, USAJoin us for a deliciously fun event! This 2-hour workshop will cover the basics of cake pop making including sculpting, dipping, and decorating these tasty treats. It's open to children ages 8 -12.
- Tue, Feb 07Virtual
- Sat, Jan 14Blythe Andrews Public Library
- Sat, Aug 27C. Blythe Andrews, Jr. Public Library
- Thu, Aug 11Virtual
- Sat, Jul 30TampaJul 30, 2022, 11:00 AMTampa, 2101 E Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33610, USAOur 2022 Back-to-School event went very well. Thank you to our youth leaders, community partners, and newest partner Tarence Kinsey Foundation for showing up and supporting our young people as they prepare for the new school year.
- Multiple DatesSat, Jul 16Heaven Destiny Church
- Wed, Feb 23Zoom
- Thu, Nov 18Virtual
- Mon, Nov 15Lakewood High School
- Wed, Oct 27Virtual
- Fri, Jul 09Saint Suzanne CRC Resource CenterJul 09, 2021, 10:00 AMSaint Suzanne CRC Resource Center, 19321 W Chicago, Detroit, MI 48228, USADeveloping K.I.D.S. hosted it's annual Youth Summit in Detroit. Participants learned about the importance of youth leadership and civic engagement! This was an awesome opportunity to connect with some dynamite youth and community leaders!
- Thu, May 06Virtual